Daily Snap

Scenes on campus
Ico print Print | Ico email Email | Facebook | | RSS

A builder of New Haven

On Saturday, New Haven dedicated a new statue of William “King” Lanson (1785–1851), a free black entrepreneur best known for building the extension to New Haven’s Long Wharf. He also built the walls for the Farmington Canal; his statue is fittingly placed alongside the former canal, between the Yale Health building and Pauli Murray College. More on Lanson here.

Filed under Farmington Canal Greenway, WIlliam Lanson

Post a comment